Our region is expanding at an extraordinary rate and the Horowhenua District Council is driving more growth. And as we take our region from Good to Great, we need more Great people to join our team.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced and versatile Community Development Advisor – Welcoming Communities to strengthen our Community Services Team and help to deliver a range of initiatives to improve the wellbeing of the Horowhenua district. We work with local people to empower them to improve their own wellbeing and energise their community.
Horowhenua District Council has been accepted into a three-year Welcoming Communities Programme through the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. This means we have an opportunity for a Community Development Advisor with specific tasks co-ordinating the Welcoming Communities Programme, to join our Community and Social Development team.
In this new role you will implement and manage the Welcoming Communities Programme. This involves supporting local communities and Council to create welcoming and inclusive environment for newcomers, in line with Council’s Stronger Communities Strategy.
As the successful applicant you will bring the following skills and attributes to this role:
· Experience working with a range of community groups
· Strong reporting and administration skills
· Ability to start a project and see it through successfully
· Ability to manage stakeholder groups and build strong working relationships
· Capability and willingness to work with a range of community groups, businesses and individuals in a positive way
· Public relations and meeting facilitation skills
· Time management and organisational skills
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work alone and in a team
If this sounds like you and you’ve got what it takes to make a real difference to our district’s future, we want to hear from you.
You’ll be joining a very agile and innovative team – there’s no ‘small town thinking’ here.
This is a very real opportunity to make a difference in your community, transforming not only our regional economy, but also the lives of those who call the Horowhenua home – now and in the future.
Closing date: 10th of August 2021 at 5:00pm
To discuss the role further we invite you to call Michelle Rogerson on 06 3660999