Tā tātou atarua – Our vision
To embody a spirit of service and a spirit of excellence focused on continuous improvement and a mission to deliver great outcomes to our community.
He angitūtanga - The opportunity
This is a rare opportunity to join the Executive Leadership Team to provide strategic leadership of the newly formed Community Infrastructure Group. You will partner with the team to provide expert coaching, advice and solutions that support and contribute to improved business performance.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, with a focus on enhancing customer experience and ensuring contemporary and effective practice through collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team. The Group Manager will ensure the effective delivery of a range of functions and services specific to the Community Infrastructure Group.
Performing in an operational and strategic capacity, the Group Manager will foster a collaborative and supportive working environment, and provide strategic direction to staff in the development and implementation of plans, programs, policies and procedures.
The role will drive stakeholder liaison and oversee group performance across asset management, capital works programming and construction, major projects, operations, maintenance, development and emergency management response, civil works construction and maintenance, survey, design, traffic and transport planning.
Tō Mahi - The Role
The Group Manager Community Infrastructure will:
- Provide vision, leadership and governance which contributes to Council’s strategic direction as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Oversee the effective management of the Community Infrastructure Group and its functions to ensure resources are allocated and utilised to achieve optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Apply human centred design principles to manage the provision of services across the Group to support Council’s outcomes whilst espousing best practice risk management and project management methodologies.
- Develop, implement and maintain best practice change, people and financial management strategies and frameworks to support the functions of the Group.
- Embrace Council’s customer driven initiatives to create a strong service culture, where possible promoting technology-led innovation across the Group.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and service providers to proactively progress infrastructure initiatives across the district.
- Ensure all Group activities comply with statutory and legislative requirements specifically relating to Workplace Health and Safety, Risk Management and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Provide information, advice and support to the elected Council members, attending Council meetings, briefings, workshops and forums as required.
He kōrero mōu - About you
You will be an inspirational, authentic and dynamic leader who will have a desire to support the community, and the Council’s strategic vision.
You will have experience in the Engineering Infrastructure world. With previous experience in mentoring employees and driving collaboration, you will value your role in leading staff and service providers while supporting your colleagues in the execution of Council objectives and outcomes.
Tā tātou ahurea – Our culture
The Horowhenua District Council is focused on embarking on a customer driven transformation, supporting the local community to grow and develop great living spaces, supportive infrastructure and a wide range of community services.
We are proud to be an inclusive workplace; we celebrate difference, diversity, and aim to empower our employees. We are an organisation built on innovation and optimism, and are embarking on an organisation reset. We are motivated to continue to develop a place where we value our people and provide opportunities for them to build outstanding careers and a better Horowhenua.
An excellent working environment where passionate and committed team members who strive to make a difference for current and future generations. This important opportunity to join a thriving organisation with a strong focus on delivery and to do meaningful work with motivated people that has a direct impact on the lives of our Horowhenua Community.
Tono mai ināianei - Apply now
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity please review the job description and if you have any questions or would like to discuss this role in confidence with the Chief Executive please contact Lauren Overend on 021 806 663 or email email@example.com
Applications close 12pm on Friday 19 August, 2022